Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Friday, February 27, 2015

#FFFiction A raging poem of a non-monosexual woman who loves women

I invite you to consider what makes a woman. Some Fridays, I'll even share something sexy :D.



So I'm reading "A Woman Like that: Lesbian and Bisexual Writers Tell Their Coming Out Stories," edited by Joan Larkin. I'll eventually review the book- I'm on page 184 of 326. I was even farther from "half read" before it provoked piece that lurks somewhere between a poem and a paragraph. I'm actually enjoying the book- overall- and expect I'll end up giving it 4 out of 5 stars. However, that bisexual in the subtitle set me off; as a bisexual woman, I have felt excluded from much of this book

Don't fucking add me to make yourself feel better PC-wise. I see a male body I wanna screw. I see a female body I wanna screw. I see a body so completely outside the gender binary that pronouns seem wrong for this person I wanna screw. I love women, romantically, sexually, spiritually, but that doesn't mean I'm a lesbian. My identity is mine, what I declare it to be. I am bisexual. I am a (cisgender) woman who loves women, mostly, but don't think to tell me what sort of woman (cis or trans?) that I should love. My coming out, once began, will never end. Nor do I want it to.


2 comments:

  1. Great explanation Joelle!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Roz :) You know, if it had only said lesbian authors' coming out stories, I don't think I'd be upset as I am, but that "silent B" in LGBT that in part lead me into other identities for awhile is already too silent for a book to put bisexual in the subtitle and then to have a majority of lesbian coming out stories. And I say that based on the women's identities, not their behavior. I'm all too aware that there are lesbians alive from times when pretending to be straight to the point of marrying a man and having children was the only safe choice.

      Delete