Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Monday, June 24, 2013

talk talk talk, BDSM, Facebook censorship, fucking, and consent


Hm, pondering posts. Yes, I just did one on Saturday, but this afternoon ( in my time zone) you get another one.

My Master was off at a gaming convention for several days- He just got this morning. :D It's been nice, He's used me twice in the last few hours and once I get this written and posted, I'll be going to wake Him and hopefully get another using lol.

Looking at that paragraph makes me think about various things that happened on Facebook this weekend. Now if you've read more than a post or a two of mine, you've no doubt come across my thoughts on feminism. With how important equality is to me, with how I believe so strongly in women's agency, in our choices being supported, when I was a teenager just really starting to learn about BDSM and feminist philosophy, I found an ideology that wanted to police women's sexuality, that was NOT the supportive and freeing belief set that I'd been taught feminism should be or even was. While I haven't done much of my own research, it does appear that the "feminist" page "Women, Action, and Media" and some of its members are behind Facebook's unpublishing of consensual BDSM pages. I did read a bit and found myself having to read no more- one member of that group posted a long paragraph that I will sum up as "BDSM is about violence- violence is always wrong- there's no way BDSM can be consensual- women submissives who say they consent are victims." Yup, I'm sure if He reads this post, my Master will be glad He was away because I'd have ended up venting at Him about that one. I am NOT a domestic abuse survivor. I chose this life, being a lifestyle BDSM slave. I want this. I am happy living this way. No, I'm not saying it's for everyone- neither is my writing. But it is for me and for those who enjoy BDSM and practice it safely. How dare this woman say that I can't consent to this piece of my identity!

I'm getting ready for Camp Nanowrimo- it was in 6.5 days last time I logged into the site. I'm so excited. While I've participated in Nanowrimo in November 3 times (and won each time), this will be my first Camp Nano. I'm writing a (planned novella) calling it "Week-long." It's set in story time after the completion of Vala's Story, so I won't be sharing any excerpts from it as most will be surprise killers from the series. However, my editor is working away at "Gates of the Garden: Book Two" so I'm hoping I'll have that for you all to read. Please do remember that I have written a series and you will need to read "Out of the Night: Book One" before you read "Gates..." to understand the story. Go to the "My Books" page for purchasing information- print, Kindle, and Nook editions.

It's been awhile since I talked about my 6 days of the week posting schedule, to help me get posting to happen. With putting my dog to sleep the beginning of this month, I've been totally off. In these days leading up to Camp Nano, I want to focus hard on filling in the schedule, giving you a bunch of on topic things to read. Of course, this means some debate especially on Tuesdays. My goal for that day has been to give my readers short stories written specifically for the blog. I'm not sure what I want to write about. I've enjoyed filling out various time periods both before and during "Out of the Night: Book One." I enjoyed writing the story in which The Queen taught Kaya about prostate massage using Ailin as the teaching tool. I'm still in the building stages with this blog though- I think of my friend Anastasia Vitsky'sblog, where she has dozens of people commenting every day. She can post asking for suggestions and have answers- I'm overjoyed if one person comments on a blog post. I'd like to ask you all "What topic, theme, kink etc I should write a short story on?" but I can't trust that I'll get something- not saying that I wouldn't try to write a short if someone posted a suggestion in the comments today :D

oh and I was thinking on identity- almost forgot this one. I sometimes struggle with whether or not I should promote a blog post in this LGBT writers and readers group I'm in on Facebook. As I said it this weekend, what's a "queer identified, polyamory living, married and committed to a cisgender male in a D/s relationship supposed to do at a LGBT gathering?"

Okay, I'm done wandering for the moment. Time to post this and go see about waking my Master. Yes, a third using is my goal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment