Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Monday, May 27, 2013

Anna Kristell visits: "The Road to His Soul"


Joelle, thanks so much for inviting me to be a guest on your blog today! As you know, I have a new release and I’m so excited to tell you and your readers about it. The Road To His Soul is the third book in my Fab Five series from LazyDay Publishing. Crossroad To Love was the first and The Road To Her Heart was the second. There are several more planned in this continuing dramatic romance series. The series begins with four forty-something women, lifelong friends, who are getting together for a week in Dallas. Each of the women is at some sort of crossroad in her life and during that week, with the support of the friendship, three of them are able to choose the fork in the road they’ll take. For one, it won’t be that simple. Along the way, a fifth friend is added to the circle, and none of their lives will ever be the same. Each book begins where the last left off, and in the second book, although the original characters play a part in it, the main focus is on the daughter of one of the women. Book #3, The Road To His Soul, focuses on the son of one of the ladies. My first book was a sweet romance, but as I have slowly begun to get my feet under me as a writer and have begun to feel more at ease with it, I’ve begun to add a little spice. I don’t write erotica, however I’ve had erotica readers read my books and tell me they loved them. One reader says, “Vanilla will never be the same.”
Two and three flame sensual is probably the best way to describe them.

I also write stories that aren’t part of the series, and they are published with Rebel Ink Press.

Here’s a little blurb from The Road To His Soul:

Another ‘Fab Five’ drama and Lizzie’s family isn’t out of the woods yet. This time her son is causing the problems.

Colt Hart and Kendyl Durant have been dancing around a relationship for years. When Colt decides he is ready to give up his days as a player for a serious girlfriend, he finally makes his move, knowing that once he begins a relationship with his sister’s gorgeous blonde friend, there will be no turning back. Also deciding it’s time to think about his future career plans, he leaves his carefree job to accept his dad’s offer to join the family’s advertising agency.

But the night before his first date with Kendyl he arrives at Rex’s office to tell him of his career decision, only to find his dad being put into the back of an ambulance after suffering what appears to be a heart attack.

Blaming himself because his dad has been burning the candle at both ends, Colt believes that if he had accepted his dad’s offer sooner, the heart attack might not have happened. He asks Kendyl to be patient with him. He wants her, but the business has to come first right now. He has to make it up to his family and keep the business going while his dad recuperates. But how long will Kendyl wait?

When they finally get together, the two lovers immediately enter into a sensual relationship. But Colt is called to Texas on business time and time again, and temptations await him there. Kendyl begins to doubt that he will ever be able to commit to her completely, heart and soul. When she decides to give him a wake up call by calling it quits, she hopes to turn things around.

Will it backfire on her and end things for good, as Colt is pursued by other women? Or will he stop dragging his feet and put the ring on Kendyl’s finger?

And here’s an excerpt:

Colt took the stairs rather than the elevator, hoping to blow off some steam before he faced Kendyl. Finding a chair near the door, he watched for her as he thought about everything that had taken place that evening. He had been so happy as he drove to his dad’s office earlier. He had anticipated the joy on his parents’ faces when he told them his news. He had also looked forward to the romantic evening he had planned for Kendyl. Believing she might be the girl for him, Colt had carefully seen to each detail. Now he had to tell her the plans had changed, drastically, and he had no idea when he would be able to reschedule their date.
He looked up in time to see Kendyl rushing in the front door of the building. Rising from his chair, he went to greet her. On impulse, Colt pulled her into his arms hugging her tightly. She responded, speaking gently to him. “I’m so sorry, Colt. I’m here, for you and your family, whatever you need.”
“You’re so good in a crisis, baby. I remember how you took charge in the kitchen the day Caleb was killed. Thank you so much for being here for us.”
“I’d do anything for your family, you know that.” Looking up at him, she smiled. “I’d do anything for you.”
Colt smiled down at her gratefully, gazing into her deep blue eyes.
“Colt, I’ll understand if you want to postpone our date tomorrow night. You all have a lot to deal with right now.”
Looking at her pretty, angelic face, he replied, “I think that’s what we’re going to have to do. I’ll take a rain check, though. Problem is, I just don’t know how soon. I’m going to have my hands full, taking a crash course in advertising for the next few months.”
Kendyl laughed and when she did, her blue eyes sparkled. “I’ve waited for you to ask me out for a long time, Colt Hart. I think I can wait a little longer.”
“Let’s go outside.” He took her hand and led her to a secluded corner outside the building. Leaning down, he kissed her gently. As his hazel eyes met her shining blue ones, he saw something he had never noticed before. He kissed her again, more deeply.
The beautiful blonde girl in his arms responded, melting against him. When he released her, she looked up at him, unable to speak. Kendyl had longed for Colt’s kiss for a very long time. But the feelings it awakened in her were like nothing she could ever have imagined. Finally, she found her voice and shakily said, “We’d better get upstairs.”
“Yes, you’re right.” He took her hand. Together they walked silently to the elevator. When they stepped out and walked to the surgery waiting area, the doctor was speaking to Lizzie. Cara and Nick listened intently.
“You’ll be able to see Rex in about thirty minutes or so. I’ll want to keep him overnight, but barring any complications, you can take him home tomorrow. We’ll discuss restrictions in the morning when I see him.”
“Thank you, Doctor,” Lizzie said, as Nick stood up and shook the doctor’s hand.
“He’s going to be okay then?” Colt asked.
“As I was telling the others, he’ll need to rest for a few weeks. He also needs to change his diet and lifestyle a bit, but he’ll be all right as long as he follows my orders.”
Colt breathed a sigh of relief, extending his right hand to the man. “Thank you, Doctor.”
“You’re quite welcome, son. If no one has any more questions, I’ll leave you now.”
“We’ll see you in the morning,” Lizzie said, reassured by his kind words.
Colt hugged Kendyl before turning to his mother and his sister. “Thank God, he’s okay.”
Kendyl sat next to Cara and said, “I’m so glad Rex is going to be okay. He’s like a second dad to me.”
“I know he is. Thank you for being here with us.” Cara reached over and took her friend’s hand.
“I wouldn’t be anywhere else, especially now.” Kendyl’s gaze rested on Colt.
Colt glanced at Kendyl with a tender look that brought a smile to his twin sister’s face.
They were allowed to see Rex shortly after that. Reassured he was on the road to recovery, they told him goodnight as the young people prepared to go home for the evening. Lizzie insisted on staying with him, though.
Cara offered to go to the house and pack a small bag for her mother. “We’ll bring back some things for you if you insist on staying here all night.”
“Yes, it’s no problem.” Nick agreed with his wife.
“We’ll be back in the morning, Mom.” Colt gave his mother a peck on the cheek and touched his dad’s hand.
“Goodnight sweetheart,” Lizzie replied. To Kendyl, she added, “Thank you for stopping by.”
“I’ll walk you to your car,” Colt said, taking Kendyl’s hand once more.
When they reached her blue Camry, he opened the door for her. “Thanks for understanding about tomorrow. I just have so much to deal with.”
“I know. We’ll talk soon.”
Colt leaned down and kissed her again, before making sure she was safely in her car. He closed the door, waving as she drove away. His relationship with Kendyl was going to have to be put on hold. It was the price he had to pay for being so selfish, but it wasn’t fair for her to pay the price as well. As he got into his car and drove to his apartment, Colt resigned himself to the fact that the few kisses he’d shared with Kendyl that night might very well be the last kisses they would share for some time to come.


All of the Fab Five books and my other books are available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and AllRomance.com

Here are the links for The Road To His Soul:




You can find out more about me and my books at:


Thanks again, Joelle, for letting me pimp my book on your site!

No comments:

Post a Comment